House Bill 909
County and Municipal Property Tax Data Pursuant to Section 195.052, F.S. Section 195.052, Florida Statutes, as amended by the 2008 Florida Legislature (Chapter 2008-197, Laws of Florida) requires that the Department of Revenue and all county property appraisers publish certain county and municipal property tax information on their websites. This law requires the Department of Revenue to publish on its websites certain non-voted property tax information for county and municipal governments. Within each county, the tables present the following information for each nonvoted levy by the county and municipal governments:
Table 1 presents the following information:
- Millage Rates and Taxes Levied
- Prior Year Adopted
- Current Rolled-Back Rate (no budget increase)
- Current Adopted Rate
- Percent Change in Taxes Levied
- Current Adopted from Prior Adopted
- Current Adopted from Prior Rolled-Back Rate
** Rolled-Back Rate refers to the tax levies based on last year’s budget and current assessments.
Table 2 presents the proportion of property taxes paid for each county and municipal nonvoted levy by each of the following property types:
- Residential real property includes single family residential, real property mobile homes, duplexes, triplexes, other multi-family parcels, residential condominiums and those portions of other types of property which are used as a homestead.
- Homestead property
- Vacant lots
- Non-Residential real property includes the following types of property, excluding any portions used as a homestead.
- Commercial improved and vacant
- Industrial improved and vacant
- Other (government leasehold interests, miscellaneous and non-agricultural acreage)
- Tangible Personal Property
- Railroad property centrally assessed by the state
- Percent of total taxes levied for New Construction
Provides technical information on the source and calculation methodology of the data presented in the tables.