Welcome to the Madison County Property Appraiser’s System for Online Filing of Homestead Exemption! Congratulations on the purchase of your new home, and thank you for filing Homestead Online!
It is my pleasure to provide a safe, secure and easy way to file for Homestead on your newly acquired property.
In order to file online, you must have received a Homestead Letter from our office with your individually assigned Control Number and PIN. You should have received this letter approximately 4 to 6 weeks following your real estate transaction.
If you have not received this letter or have misplaced your Control Number and PIN, you can contact our office at (850) 973-6133 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and we will promptly mail you a new one, or Click Here for other options.
Once you have completed the Online Homestead Application, please print it and retain it for your records.
Leigh B. Barfield, CFA
Madison County Property Appraiser
The online service can only accept application for homestead when:
- The property is owned by one of the following:
- Single Homeowner
- Married Homeowners Filing Together
- Life Estate
- Joint Tenants with Right of Survivorship
- Applicants for the property are jointly applying for a homestead.
- Applicants are U.S. citizens.
- Applicants have made the property their permanent residence.
- Applicants have a Florida driver license or identification card.
- The property is a site-built home, meaning not a manufactured or mobile home.
- The applicants are not applying for any exemptions on their homestead other than the homestead exemption at this time.
Applicants with the proper documentation may be eligible for other exemptions in addition to the standard Homestead exemption. Please refer to the following link on the Florida Department of Revenue website for a complete list: http://floridarevenue.com/dor/property/taxpayers/exemptions.html.
Additional exemptions may be applied for in person Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the following locations:
- 229 SW Pinckney St. Room 201, Madison, FL 32340, Phone: (850) 973-6133
Access to Online Documents
- To view and print certain content from this website, you will need Adobe Reader 8.0 or higher. If you don’t have Adobe Reader go to get.adobe.com/reader, where you can download it for free. Should you need to install Adobe Reader, please do it now before continuing this Homestead Online application.
- If you are unable to download, view, and print the documents, you may have a popup blocker installed, and you will need to disable it.